Saturday, August 9, 2008

Irish postscript

It's a rainy, windy Saturday here in Oxford-- so we are hunkered down in the apartment watching the Olympics on the BBC. I (Deb) am doing laundry and Philip is poring over the proofs to his textbook. He only just received them yesterday after waiting nearly 3 weeks for them to return from the typesetter-- and he must have it all corrected by August 29.

I returned from London yesterday after seeing everyone off to their respective flights home to the U.S. Jill, Shannon, and Dad left for Minneapolis directly from Dublin yesterday and then Andy met Alison and I at Heathrow for their own flights back to Raleigh and Seattle. It has been a whirlwind the last 10 days with everyone coming and going, but we all have great memories to take with us.

I thought I would add a few final favorite photos from our Ireland trip. There are so many good ones it was hard to choose which ones to post!



Alison, Dad, Shannon, Jill
on streets of Dublin



Jill, Dad, and Deb
St. Stephen's Green, Dublin



Deb and Alison
Galway Bay




Our favorite photo of Dad--
taken by Alison-- in a Dublin coffee shop
while waiting out a rain squall

No comments: